*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 26 September 2018

Having a fine old time.

Hi Friends and Followers.

Brrrr of an evening or first thing in the morning. It has been a tad nippy around the edges and I have lit the back cabin stove to take the chill off the cabin. We have spent the past couple of days mooching around Birmingham and of course a bit of retail therapy has taken place. On Tuesday we walked into the city to the market, because I wanted some extremely strong cheddar off of the outdoor market and I was not disappointed. They had a new extremely strong cheddar and a smoked cheddar cheese from the Mull of Kintyre. I bought both of them, because they are both amazing. I know of no where else I can get cheese that strong. I wanted to get some vest tops from Primark, but I lucked out, because they only had a couple of colours and none of them were in my size, so I will have to wait until I can get them from somewhere else.
Last night we went to our friends for a fabulous meal. There was a lot of chatter and laughter. In fact we had so much fun, it was gone 10.30 pm before we realised the time. They say time flies when you are having fun and it certainly did last night.
After a relaxing start to the day, we walked into the city to have some lunch at Tamatanga . The Indian restaurant had been recommended to us by our friends, who we met up with last night, so we thought we would give it a try. If you ever come into Birmingham, or you actually are reading this whilst in Birmingham, go and have a meal there, it is brilliant and we will definitely be going back again, when we are in the city. Fabulous food, friendly staff and a really pleasant place.
After a fabulous lunch, we walked into the city, to enjoy the vibrancy of the place. Yes there is a huge amount of building work going on, but it does not take away the fact that Birmingham is a beautiful city and it is in my blood, because of family connections. I have the Black Country and Birmingham in my blood. It is a city which makes me smile, but you also cannot ignore the fact that there is poverty on the streets. Everywhere you look you will see someone sitting with a cap or a cup out in front of them asking for loose change. There are people sleeping on the streets, which is incredibly sad and in this day and age so wrong. No matter what these people have been through in their lives, living on the streets is no way to live or survive. I am of course aware that some have chosen to live that life style and they would probably not want to be anywhere else. I just feel sad that they seem to have little choice.

Tomorrow we will be leaving Birmingham and heading off.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails