*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 4 September 2018

Rainy Tuesday.

d86118874f399d6a3913f2b053b4a431--good-morning-tuesday-good-morning-quotes

Hello Friends and Followers.

A wet beginning to Tuesday. I woke up late for me at 7.45am, but I obviously needed the sleep. So with rain falling, it was going to be a damp walk for Paddy and I, which does not bother me, but Paddy is not a lover of the wet stuff.

IMG_0083

We still have a water issue in the Arm. C&RT are trying to get on top of it, but unless they stop boats going through Cape Locks for a few hours and send copious amounts of water down, this problem is not going to be cured in a hurry. What we really need is back pumping at Cape Locks, but that is and expensive option, but one which in the end may have to be done. So we are still using our gangplank for now and hoping that we get some water soon.

After sorting out Paddy, having breakfast and doing a laundry wash, I walked up into town to try again to get a float for this weekends event. It seems that the TSB is still having issues and not just with the online banking. Our local branch seems to have a staffing issue as well. Yesterday they had a problem and the same thing today, but they were open this time, so I managed to get my float money. I hope they manage to sort their problems out. I visited the post office to buy some stamps and there was no a queue for once. Normally when I go to the post office, there is always a queue. I was feeling blessed today.

Back home and there on the pontoon was our flue and chimney. The flue is completely unblocked, and needs to be repainted. Kate Boats engineer Rob has done an amazing job on our flue, it is back to the metal, which is brilliant and it is definitely lighter to carry. We should have a great fire this winter. Once we had put the flue back in place, we added a china mans hat to the chimney, so we will see how that goes. We are now ready to light the fire, when it is required.

It has been another good day on the whole.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails