*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 17 September 2018

In Birmingham.

Hi Friends and Followers.

Sometimes you are in the right place at the right time and that was me last night. It was around 8pm and I took Paddy out for a wee. The sun was setting and so it was dusk. I walked down the locks and then on the way back in the disappearing light, I watched the Bats darting here and there, catching their prey. I stood on the towpath and smiled. It was such a wonderful moment.
We spent a lovely weekend with our friend Jacky, so it was a shame to have to leave. This morning we said "Cheerio" and headed off up through the top lock at Lapworth. I worked the first of the two swing bridges, we then took on diesel at Swallow Cruisers.
We managed to get served before the crane put two boats back into the water. It is Autumn and the trees are beginning to show their Autumnal colours. The old Oaks and the handsome Ash are turning. There is an abundance of berries about. Blackberries, Hawthorn and Sloes. Hopefully the wildlife will not go hungry this Autumn.
Interesting boat at Lyons boat yard. Is it coming to a canal near you?
On the side of this lifeboat, it said it can take 66 people. I reckon it will be a bit of a squish.
Guillotine Lock at Kings Norton Junction. Sad to see it covered in so called art work.
We arrived in Birmingham after a busy day cruising, with lots of boats on the move. Before finding a mooring, we emptied the cassette at the elsan. It was then onward.
University students celebrating their graduation.
Legoland has come to Birmingham it seems. So here we are for a few days. Tomorrow is a special day. I will post more tomorrow.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails