*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 2 June 2022

Hawkesbury Junction to Hillmorton.

Congratulations to her majesty the Queen on her Platinum Jubilee. 
Queen Elizabeth II, has served our fine country for 70 years and shown true resilience, through some difficult time.

Today we woke to lovely sunshine and a Wren who was shouting loudly, to be heard above the other birds. 

Turning off the Coventry Canal.

Arriving on the Oxford Canal.

We left Hawkesbury junction at 8:45am, and met a fair few boats on the move, anyone would think there is a Platinum Jubilee long weekend going on 🤣.

We met several boats in bridge 'ole's. we gave way to them, because it was easier for us to hold fast and let them through.

Some cattle decided they needed to take a paddle to cool themselves down.

After a pleasant days boating we moored below Hillmorton locks a 2:50pm, 6hrs 5mins, 1 lock. We are going to stay here for the rest of the weekend. Because there a lot of boats out and about, moorings may become hard to find, so we will stay put and enjoy the weather and a walk up into Hillmorton.

I hope you all have a wonderful Jubilee weekend.

Pop back soon x

 

2 comments:

  1. How come you managed one lock to Keith's none?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike.
    Keith forgot the stop lock :-).

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails