*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 6 June 2022

Lovely few days.

Hi All.

How was it for you then?

Did you have a lovely Platinum Jubilee Weekend?

We spent the whole four days at Hillmorton, watching the world go by.

We had an amazing All Day Breakfast at the cafe. OMG I can totally recommend it. We also walked up into Hillmorton, which is an elongated village, with a pub, co-op, post office and a couple of other small shops. 

Saturday evening we went to watch Kate and Heather, the Alarum Theatre perform Muck and Shovel and Mary Rose. Both excellent performances. Muck and Shovel was performed outside, in wintery, windy weather and so for Mary Rose we all piled inside the cafe and we were all somewhat warmer.
They were also doing an different performance on the Sunday, but the weather was so awful, we decided to stay on the boat in the dry and warm.
After a somewhat wet and windy weekend, this morning we left from below Hillmorton locks at 9:00am, the weather was dry and calm, all be it overcast. 

We had a good run, meeting a few boats along the way.
Our boating day finished early at 12.10pm when we moored up outside Braunston Marina, having boated for 3hrs 10mins and only done 3 locks. Amazing to see Braunston so quiet on the boat front. Whilst sat eating lunch, I heard a "Hello Jo and Keith" from a boat passing and it was lovely to see Rupert and  Alison Smedley on Sandbach, they had been at the Crick Boat Show for the weekend. I dare say we will see a few boats from that weekend.

Pop back soon xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails