*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 1 June 2022

Sutton Cheney to Hawkesbury Junction.

 

Hi all.

Yesterday we did Sutton Cheney to Stoke Golding. It was pretty uneventful, with a few boats on the move. The highlight of the day was the evening meal at The Mango Tree in Stoke Golding. If you love Indian food, then do go and give them a go. The food and service were excellent and well worth the stroll up into the village. They have been there for 14 years, so they must be doing something right.

This morning we left Stoke Golding at 9.15am, with the intention of getting to Hawkesbury Junction.
We had a very pleasant pottle to Hinkley, where we stopped for food at 10.20am. We stopped opposite Trinity Marina, got our trolleys and rucksacks and walked the couple of mile up into Hinkley to find Lidl. Our thinking was, that Tesco at Rugby would be mega busy tomorrow, what with the long Bank Holiday Weekend for the Jubilee. Having done our shopping, we did the walk back to the boat at 12 noon and whilst we were on the move, I stowed all the shopping away, made lunch and a coffee.

Our time on the Ashby was almost over.

Met these gorgeous horses, before leaving the peace of the Ashby Canal.
As we approached Marston Junction to turn back onto the Coventry Canal, another boat wanted to swap places with us. It all worked like a dream and no paintwork was exchanged.
We went back past Charity Dock and its wonderful display.
All moored up for the evening by 3.25 pm.

Pop back soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails