*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 19 March 2013

Denham Deep Lock to Willowbank, Uxbridge.

Map picture

Travelled 0.7 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 20 minutes.

It was so quiet last night at our mooring, so I slept like a baby and did not wake until 6 am and I could hear a Woodpecker near to the boat. At 7 am I got up and made us a cup of tea and sat in bed watching the BBC news. On getting up at 8 am, breakfast was eaten and then Paddy got his walk up the towpath. The Colne Valley Park is suffering from flooding, the footpaths in places are under water, so there was no walking into the park. Back on the boat we ran the generator to charge the batteries and once they were charged up, we locked the boat up and walked down to Willowbank to see what the mooring situation was like and whether we should move down to there ready for dry docking at the weekend. On arriving at Willowbank there were places to moor so we took the decision to move the boat. We have to be there for dry docking at 9:00am, so we felt it better to not to have to start up earlier than necessary.

SAM_4813

At 10.45 am we left our over night mooring and headed for Denham Deep Lock.

SAM_4822

The lock was in our favour, so I had very little work to do.

SAM_4817

The River Colne is very high following recent rainfall, this is where it crosses underneath the canal just above Denham Deep lock. There is very little room for it now to pass under the canal and it looks like it is backing up, hence the flooding in the park.

SAM_4824

We left the lock and headed off to Willowbank.

SAM_4825

All moored up at Willowbank, below the M40 bridge and above Uxbridge lock.

SAM_4826

We are 81 miles from Braunston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails