*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 10 March 2013

Marsworth to Cow Roast.

Map picture

Travelled 4.1 miles, worked 7 locks in a time of 2 hours 35 minutes.

SAM_4636

With the weather forecast set to be dire, with snow and freezing temperatures, we made the decision to we would move up through the flight, as I did not fancy doing the locks in freezing conditions and a wind chill of –7 c. Before heading off at 9.05 am, Keith cooked us breakfast, whilst I took Paddy for his walk. On our return I got both the fires stoked up and breakfast was enjoyed. Wrapped up again the chill and the snow flurries, I walked to the first lock, whilst Keith moved the boat.

SAM_4641

SAM_4643

We were not the only ones enjoying the snow flurries, walkers and fishermen were out on Mother’s Day. Yes it is Mother’s Day, I hope you have all remembered?

SAM_4649

It did not take us long to get to the top of the flight, I was lovely and warm as I had worked the locks and walked the flight.

SAM_4651

I love the lock cottage, it always makes me think of “The Bargee”, because this featured a lot in the film.

SAM_4650

Bulbourne Dry Dock Lock, the home of Bates Boatyard and Dry Dock.

SAM_4655

Bulbourne was extremely quiet, none of the Winter Moorings had any boats on them.

SAM_4658

Still a working piece of history.

SAM_4660

Cyprus and  Cedar on their home mooring.

SAM_4661

We stopped above Cowroast Lock to take on water. CowRoast Lock gets its name from cow rest, because in a bygone age drovers used to pen their cattle here on their way to London.

SAM_4668

cowroast

Having descended the lock we moored up just below it, locked the boat up and headed for a handy garage to buy some bread and a couple of bars of Chocolate, after all it is Mother’s Day, so this is my present to myself, which will be enjoyed whilst watching England against Italy in the 6 nations Rugby. Come On England.

News on the bear. Thank you for your name suggestions, I will be drawing a name out of the hat later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails