*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 7 March 2013

Magpies and rain.

Have you noticed that the evenings are drawing out and the nights are getting lighter. Once the clocks go forward on the 31st March British Summer Time begins the shorts and t-shirts replace the thermals and jumpers, well that is the theory, if this Summer is anything like last Summer, we will be keeping the thermals and wet weather gear to hand, but I am ever hopeful that my legs however unsightly they may be will see the sun this year.

Looking out of the back cabin doors this morning, I was greeted by heavy rain, which had been lashing down all night, that will top the reservoirs up again. So much for thinking Spring was here, because by the end of the week they are forecasting colder weather again and snow in places. Anyway this morning Paddy got a wet walk, on our jaunt I said “good morning” to a Magpie, Robin and Canada Geese. It would have been rude not to have done. I am not really superstitious but I do speak to the Magpies. I know someone who salutes it and say "good morning Mr magpie where’s your lovely wife today " I do realise this may seem a bit sad, but sure you have heard the rhyme.
1 for sorrow
2 for joy
3 for a girl
4 for a boy
5 for silver
6 for gold
7 for a secret never to be told
8 for friendship
9 for love
10 for a place in heaven up above.

I was taught this when at school, many moons ago.

Back on the boat, it was jobs time. Fire was stoked up, we only have the saloon fire going at the moment, but if the weather is going to turn again, I will be relighting the back cabin stove. Over the past few days we have noticed that when the generator is fired up in the engine room there has been a rattling noise coming from it, so before starting it up this morning, we inspected it to see if we could find out what was causing the noise. Having detected a few things that needed attention, the rattling stopped when we got it going, so a good job jobbed. Keith then wanted to do some rewiring of the fridge/freezer and freezer, this took just over an hour and then it was lunch time. Both Marmite and Paddy spent the whole morning in and on their beds, oh the joys of being a pet who is loved.

The rain is still falling and it is now 1.45 pm, so I am not going anywhere for the rest of the day. I will get coal in later and then settle down in front of the TV to watch a flim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails