*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Day 23.

Another day at the coal face.
I did not sleep that well, but that was because my mind was racing after yesterday’s scan that Keith had. We did not get any results yesterday, so I think not having those results meant my sleep was disrupted. But hey ho a lack of sleep is a small price to pay for get my darling man well and home.
Having had a disturbed night when I eventually slept I did not wake up properly until 6 am and then I lay in bed thinking about the days chores. I also had a list of things to get for Keith from town, which included E45 for his legs which are so dry at the moment.
My sciatica had decided it was time to kick off, so the bus was going to be my mode of transport for the trip to and from the hospital.
When I got there, Keith was looking a bit brighter, although he had had a difficult night with stomach pain, so they gave him some liquid Morphine to settle him.

I saw the surgeon and got the result of Keith's Ultrasound. It showed that the drain put in last week had done its job, so that was to come out. Oh boy when they took it out, it sent Keith through the ceiling, he found it so painful as the line had gotten stuck. The scan also showed up two small pools of fluid, which could be infected or become infected. They cannot be drained, so the surgeon decided that Keith would have a long line inserted in his upper arm if they could find a vein. This will be done in theatre and with the use of ultrasound. This long line can stay in for up to a month and they can give him IV antibiotics again. Keith is finding it difficult to swallow all the tablets they are giving him. So the IV antibiotics will be so welcome. In himself today he was cheerful, even though he had a difficult night with stomach pain. His wound is almost healed up now which is great news. So we will wait to see how he gets on with this new line, because the ordinary cannulas were difficult to get in to Keith's veins as they had shut down and even now they find it hard to get any blood from him for his daily blood tests. So some positives from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails