*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 23 March 2014

Green shoots.

My Runner beans are coming on a blast. They will need to go out and be hardened off, but with the frosts coming back, I will need to look after them until I can let them out on their own.
My flowers seeds are just popping up. My Sweet William and Nemesia are up but the Golden Rod is being slow, so fingers crossed that comes up because I love Golden Rod, it brings back memories of my Gran and the cottage garden outside her kitchen window at the home she was in service at. Funny how things being back memories from the past. My Gran was in service all her life, right up till the day she died when she was knocked over crossing the road to the house she worked out in 1977. She had lived in the servants quarters for many years, but was then given an Alms House which was right opposite, but sadly she was to meet her death crossing to go to work. The old house was an old rectory and had a traditional cottage garden outside the servants quarters, with privet hedges and lots of hiding places. I can remember many happy hours playing hide and seek in that garden and the rest of the grounds of the house in Liss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails