*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 7 March 2014

Sods Law.

Like many of you, since having a home postal address, I have got into the practice of ordering things off of the internet, to save me having to go into town to buy things and then lug then back to the boat. This is especially great when it is large items.

Because we are not moving this year, we decided it would be nice to have an outdoor parasol and stand on our pontoon, so we can sit out on the hottest of days and not get burnt to a crisp. Yes I am expecting some hot days this Summer. So I ordered from Amazon a 2m Green Luxury Wooden Parasol with Rope Pulley and a Cast Iron Effect Parasol Base.

61mhb5meGUL._SY450_

The base arrived first thing via Royal Mail this morning and I am very happy with it. It is much bigger than I thought it would be and certainly a lot heavier, so I was really pleased.

31GwvqNL8WL._SY450_

An hour later the Parasol arrived via delivery van and man. The packaging was not brilliant, with a cardboard box covering half of the Parasol and a dustbin liner covering the rest and half of the box. On opening the parcel and partially opening the Parasol, it immediately became clear that the goods were not in good working order. One of the arms which holds the Parasol open was broken. Sods flippen law that I order something online and it is broken, so now I have the job of trying to send it back. Amazon does have a returns policy and I have filled out the request online and I am now waiting to get a reply from the company who supplied the Parasol.

SAM_6352

I have looked on the companies website and they do not seem to have this size Parasol anymore, so I am guessing this was the last one grrrr. We will have to see what they come up with. I have e-mailed a photograph of the break as asked for, so it is now up to them.

After lunch Keith and I took a walk in the arm, as part of his daily exercise.

SAM_6362

The bulbs we helped plant last November are showing their true glory now.

SAM_6368

I do so love the Spring and the stunning colours after a dull Winter.

On the way back to the boat we sat on one of the many benches and sat and soaked up the warming sun and just watched the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails