*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Rusty radiator.


Hello Friends and Followers.

So come on, tell me all about it. How was your bank holiday weekend?

Tuesday morning and the sun was doing it’s best to pop out, so it was paintbrush day again and this time I turned my attention to the bathroom radiator. We had noticed that the paint was beginning to peel. The last time this happened, we ended up buying a new radiator, so we decided to air on the side of caution and take the radiator off to make sure it was sound. To get the radiator off we had to remove the toilet first, which means unscrewing it from the floor and lifting it off the wall bracket. Once the toilet was out, Keith set too taking the radiator off. Once off it because apparent that it required work.


The only thing for it was to wire brush the worst of the flaking paint off, then out came my trusty mouse sander to get the worst of the rust off. It actually looked worse than it was. The problem we have, is that the radiator gets wet when we have a shower because our bathroom is a wet room and only 2ft by 4ft, so no room to do an handstand. With the radiator all sorted, I applied Hammerite Kurust, which if it works turns blue black, which is exactly what it did, so at least I knew it was doing its job.


According to the instructions you have to leave it three hours and then apply a coat of paint, so that is exactly what I did. I am using Hammerite radiator paint and I reckon it will take at least two coats of paint to cover. I left the back of the radiator to dry and set about putting a coat of red gloss paint on the galley doors.


I will second coat them tomorrow, if the weather is good enough.


After all the painting was done, I packed up the finished crochet blanket and posted it off to The Border Collie Trust. I hope one of their Border Collies, snuggles up in the blanket and loves it. I am now working on blanket number 2.

My day has ended with me doing a laundry wash. I a getting ahead of the game, so I can get on with painting early tomorrow morning. I would normally do my laundry early, but painting is much more important, so I have done the laundry tonight, so all I have to do is hang it out in the morning.

See you on the other side.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails