*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 19 March 2019

Day 11. BCLM to Titford Pools.

Hiya Family, friends and followers.

Finally the wind has dropped and this morning it was warmer and wind free. We set off for Aldi first thing to do a much needed food shop. It is all uphill to the store, but a blessing of all downhill with a full granny trolleys. I stashed all the food away, in its rightful places, before we got ready for the off.
We set off at 9.55am with the sun shining and me in my shirt sleeves, that is how warm it was this morning.
Work still progressing on the viaduct, approaching Oldbury junction. It is scaffold city, but really quite impressive.
Turning into the Titford canal at Oldbury junction.
Titford Locks ahead. Halfway up the 6 locks we came across a dry pound, so had to  run some water down to get through the successive pounds and locks.
We were unsure if it was a leakage problem or someone had been naughty and had opened the paddles and allowed the water out. There was no leakage from the lock gates. I was letting water down lock by lock, pound by pound. 
Keith was closing up the gates behind himself to begin with, but with the pounds so low further up, I ended up walking back and doing it for him, because it was as much as he could do to get Hadar across the pounds. 
Over an hour later, we finally made it up through the top lock.
We are now moored at Titford Pumphouse for a few days. Friends to see and places to visit. 
Spring has most definitely sprung for the Coots, we saw today. They are all very busy nest building. This Coot has gone for the highrise look.
I am going to rant about rubbish again. This lot was seen canalside at a business. Surely this cannot be allowed to continue. Someone has to take responsibility for this mess and for all the other rubbish we have passed yet again. 

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails