*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 20 March 2019

Day 12. Oil change day.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Happy Ostara. It is the first day of Spring and the sun is out. What a beautiful start to the Spring Equinox. It is mild and the sun is lovely. Yesterday having got ourselves settled on our mooring, we had our friends in for coffee, with their gorgeous 10 week old son. He is adorable and looks so much like his dad. It was so lovely catching up with Simon and Tracey, because we last saw them at the end of last year, before their son was born.
Waking up in a strange place is always so different. This morning we woke at 6am to the sound of heavy plant being moved on the industrial estate just across the cut. Obviously they start early over there. The only thing for it was to get up and make a brew.
After getting ourselves up and sorted, with boat chores out of the way, we took the granny trolley and headed off to find Halfords. We walked a couple of miles up the towpath to where the Aldi was and then under the motorway bridge, where we found the road to Halfords. The reason for finding Halfords was because we needed some oil to do an oil change on Hadar's engine. Having got what we needed, we walked back along the towpath in the Spring sunshine. It was a good day for a walk.
Once we had had a coffee, Keith got on with the oil change. We always change the engine oil every 200 hours, to keep our old National DA2 happy. She is a very elderly lady, so keeping her content is important.
Oil change completed, it was time for lunch and another coffee. The afternoon for me will be spent crocheting with my feet up. I may even be tempted to sit out in the Spring sunshine, because we are on a nice mooring.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails