*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 1 October 2019

Day 51: On our way home :-(

Hi family, friends and followers.

We had a fantastic weekend at the BCLM with friends and like minded folk. I would post photos, but our allowance is coming to an end and I do not want to use it all up, so you will have to put up with my rambling on.
There were I am told 41 boats there and lots and lots of people. Saturday was kind weatherwise, we had a could of drizzly showers, but it did not dampen the spirits at all. Sunday was a bit damper, but hey ho we are boaters after all. There was much hilarity and talking. We spent the days in the museum and the evenings in the pub, so what more could anyone ask for.
Sunday evening came and we started the generator up to top the dying batteries up. It ran for half an hour and then decided to stop. We tried everything to get it going again and did all the usual checks, but no it would not start, so we have dying batteries and a poorly generator. There was only one thing to do and that was to head for home. We have cancelled the two other events we were supposed to be attending.
Yesterday we stopped in Birmingham for the night and tonight we are part way down the Lapworth Flight on the North Stratford Canal.
I wish I could give you lots of photographs and happier news, but hey ho, life throws a curve ball every now and again. I will however have some good news when we get back to the Saltisford Arm, so please keep reading.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails