*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 8 October 2019

Day Off.

Hello family, friends and followers.

I am not usually one for lying in, but this morning I made an exception, mainly because I overslept. I only woke up when Keith coughed and it was already 7.45am. Cup of tea and the BBC1 news on we sat in bed until gone 8.30am, which is luxury for us, because we are not ones to lounge around. I have to say it was lovely though and I think it has come about, because I am just so in love with the peace and tranquilty of our new mooring.
After getting up we had breakfast and I started to take the curtains down in the back cabin. They will get washed and put away for next year. During the Winter, if the stove is going the curtains can get so dirty with the smoke and dust, so I like to put them away with the lace to keep them clean.
After a coffee, we walked into town to get our flu jabs done. Keith gets his free, but I have to pay for mine. This year it was £11, which in order to keep the flu away, is a small price to pay. I realise it does not cover any new flu that comes along, but it does cover me for the ones on the go already. I have been having flu jabs for years and thankfully they have kept me flu free and I have not had bronchitis for years either.
We took a walk around the town, checking out the charity shops, where I got a Margaret Dickinson book, which will be added to my collection. I adore her books and will happily read them over and over again. After checking out the charity shops we walked down to Torry's, Warwicks very own independant DIY shop to purchase a few bits. Our walk home was done alongside the racecourse, which was looking lovely on a sunny autumnal morning. We have had a day off from doing anything on the mooring, but I dare say we will be back to it tomorrow if the weather is on our side.

Pop back soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails