*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 12 February 2020

Felt like Spring.

Dear family, friends and followers.

What a stunner of a day, we have had?
Well when I say we, I mean I have had in the sunshine. It actually felt like Spring had sprung.
We woke up to a bit of a frost, but because I kept a bit of a fire in overnight in the back cabin, we were really snug when we woke up. I made us a cuppa and we sat in bed watching the morning news and weather, which of course was all about the impending new Storm Dennis, which will be with us this coming weekend. Once up and about, I took myself off for an early morning walk in the sunshine, which really made it feel like Spring.
A walk across the common was lovely. The birds were singing above the sound of the traffic on the road nearby. There were not many people about this morning. I only saw one dog walker on my stroll, which is not usually the norm. Having enjoyed my stroll, it was back to the boat to resume the boat chores of sorting both stoves out, having a tidy around and then sorting food out for lunch. Hubby took himself off into town to pick up a prescription, so I got on with feeding the birds.
Mr Robin was first to the fat balls as always. He is getting very territorial at the moment. He seems to dislike the Dunnock's and is always chasing them off any food which maybe available. Luckily the Dunnock's know where the food is for the Bank Vole's, so they help themselves, to the small food, leaving the bigger bits for the Voles. The Great Tit's and Blue Tit's seem to stand up to Mr Robin, when it comes to eating, maybe he is scared of them.
Hellebore
After lunch, I took myself off with my camera to photograph the flowers in the Arm at the moment. The Hellebore's are looking lovely at the moment.
The Spring bulbs are coming into flower now.
There is nothing nicer than seeing the Spring colour, even if for some it is a bit early.
The Snowdrops have been out since the beginning of January and are still hanging on.
Now the Primula are coming into their own, bringing a lovely splash of colour in one of our neighbour's gardens. It was so lovely to be out in the sunshine.
In previous ramblings, I have mentioned the Rhubarb and how well the new plant is doing.
Well this afternoon, I found that our old plant, which we moved from our old garden is also growing. Now I thought it would not make it, because there was not a lot of it left, but how wrong was I because we have a shoot coming through. We are now a two Rhubarb plant family, which of course means more for Rhubarb puddings, such as Crumble mmmmmm. I am so chuffed.
There is something so lovely to stand in your garden and see everything growing. I do so love out little plot, because it is full of life, from the wildlife to the plants coming along in the garden. I am looking forward to sitting out with a coffee and just soaking up the sunshine soon.
The afternoon is now stepping into the early evening and I am about to sign off and go and cook dinner. But before I go. Hold those you love the closest and smile at those who may have done you wrong, because life is oh so short. None of us knows what tomorrow will bring.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails