*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 10 February 2012

Market Harborough Museum.

How a couple of hours can change what you get up to. There was I thinking my day would be a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but in fact it has already been fun. I took the broken zip out of Keith's fleece, so it is now ready for me to put the new one in, that is a job for tomorrow or Sunday. Whilst taking the zip out, I was listening to Hfm the local and very good radio station and they mentioned the Hallerton Helmet, which is on display at the Market Harborough Museum.

I said to Keith "We have not been there yet have we".

His reply was "No we could go down now if you like".

So without further a do, we closed the boat up and trundled down the town to the Museum, being careful with our footing, because the pavements were slippery.

 SAM_1205

We wandered around the museum and found the Hallaton Helmet.

SAM_1206

The helmet is stunning and well worth a look.

The museum is free to visit, and although it is quite small, there is quite a large display regarding the Hallaton Treasure, which includes the helmet and the coins. So if your in Market Harborough you should go and have a look.

Having enjoyed our wander around the museum, we trundled back to the boat for some lunch and a coffee. Now I really am not doing anything else today. Well when I say nothing else, of course there will be dinner to cook, animals to feed, fires to stoke, bed to lay out and the general stuff I do everyday to keep body and soul together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails