*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 20 February 2012

Welford Junction to Crick.

Map image

Welford Junction to Crick 10.5 miles, travelled in 3 hours 40 minutes.

SAM_1228

Last evening with very little going on, I made a batch of Raisin and Chocolate Chip Muffins, which will keep us going for a few days. I then settled down to watch "Dancing on Ice", which was fantastic. I loved the new format of three in the dance off, which the celebrates had to dance alone, then head judge Robin Cousins, sent two out of the three home. On this occasion it was Heidi Range and Sébastien Foucan who were sent home and Chemmy Alcott who stayed in, which in my opinion was the right decision. I think this seasons show is fantastic.

I had the most wonderful nights sleep, so woke up very refreshed. Keith and I enjoyed Porridge and a cup of tea in bed, before I was up and walking Paddy along the towpath on a bright, cold but sunny morning. Come 9.20am we were ready for the off.

IMG_5092

We left our mooring and headed off into Northamptonshire.

IMG_5090

Because British Waterways has cut back all the vegetation we can now see the sign. It was not long before we caught up with a boat, which has been very rare over the past few months. It was NB Pot Belly Pig, who had passed us late yesterday afternoon. The couple on board, I think were new to boating, because they were at times going painfully slow. Eventually they pulled over to allow us to pass, I said "Good morning" and thanked them. We soon left them behind.

 IMG_5097

Before mountain barn, we met up with four guys in high visibility jackets, who were checking out on what vegetation still needed to be cut back. The guys from BW and Fountains, have already done a great job at cutting back the offside, but there is still plenty for them to tackle.

IMG_5104

The Leicester Line summit, has only one Heron and today he was hiding.

IMG_5106

No sooner our bow got close it took flight with grace and ease.

Whilst on route to Crick, I put some sausage rolls in the back cabin oven and made us a coffee, both were enjoyed with gusto, because the cold wind was beginning to chill my bones, even through a padded waistcoat and donkey jacket. With the cold wind came flurries of snow, but they never amounted to much, which was a shame, because cruising in the snow would have been nice.

Having seen a couple of other boats, we arrived in Crick, found a mooring and tied up for the day. Lunch was toasted cheese muffins. The TV went on and we sat and enjoyed "Rooster Cogburn" on of my all time favourite John Wayne movies. As I type Paddy is chilling out in the back cabin and Marmite is laying on top of the gas stove, looking out of the galley door.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails