*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 17 January 2017

X-ray and the Kingfisher.

14067484_1297975750274128_5677142393951283477_n

Hi Friends.

It is another drab and miserable day. I do not tend to let the weather bother me, but when it is so miserable, it can drag you feeling to rock bottom and I know some suffer during the Winter months. For me I am a very optimistic person and never let anything get me down for long.

This mornings excursion was to the hospital for a chest X-ray. They say that the NHS is failing us with its delays, well there was no sign of that. I made the appointment yesterday, when I got back from the GP and my appoint was for 8.50 am this morning, now that is what I call quick. Warwick Hospital is known for its very good appointment system. We both walked to the hospital, the first hurdle to get over was actually crossing the road, because it is a nightmare in the mornings, with the rush hour traffic. We were fortunate this morning, because a very kind driver allowed us to cross in front of him, so thank you to that gentleman. There are going to be big road works done this year outside the Arm, we went to see the road layout at the library and asked if a crossing of some sort could be put in along the road, to make it easier for us and many others who want to cross. We were told it would be looked into, but it was not planned for this new road layout. So we will see what happens. Anyway we crossed the road and walked to the hospital and into the X-ray department, which was very quiet. I had literally just taken my coat off and sat down, when I was called through. I did not have to gown-up, I was told to take my bra off, but leave my jumper on and in I went and had my X-ray done. All done and dusted in 10 minutes, I reckon that is amazing, when we are in an age when the NHS is being stretched.

73954_449055751371_3179582_n

On our way back to the boat, we stopped to chat to a couple of our Winter moorer’s and the Kingfisher put in appearance. It is always such a joy to see the Kingfisher. I hope to get out with my camera and get a better photograph.

Back home and I headed off to the laundry to do a wash. Whilst the machine did its thing, I came back to the boat to prepare lunch, which was going to be steamed cod fillet with roasted vegetables. I am trying my best to eat healthy. To be honest I do not eat a lot junk food. I am not into McDonalds etc. I like homemade food. There is nothing nicer than preparing a meal, cooking and then eating it. So the roast veggies were going to be Sweet Potatoes sliced, Onion, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Carrots and the remaining Sprouts, which were looking a little sad, but would be fine.

With lunch cooking and the wonderful smell spreading throughout the boat, I re-lit the back cabin stove, because there was a distinct chill and damp feeling coming from there. No sooner the heat began to permeate around the cabin, Marmite curled up on my jumper on the side bed and that would be where she would stay until teatime.

The whole day stayed miserable, there was not one glimmer of the sun, so our solar lights are pretty dull now that the darkness has taken over. But it did stay lighter long today, so the lighter nights are coming and with it Spring will follow. We already have Snowdrops out and the Daffodils are beginning to push up through the grass. If we get anymore frosty weather they will be knocked back, but it is mild at the moment, so everything has gotten confused.

The day has ended with me doing my Daily Steps chart and today I have done 6149 steps, so not 10,000, but I will strive to get there by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails