*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 21 March 2017

A Woman’s Work.

189

Hi Friends and Followers.

17424761_10155146716819532_5198936321408987762_n

At home and the home fires burning. Yesterday evening was spent hooking up power, telephone, TV and settling back in. I was so ready for my bed at 10 pm. Doing the Hatton Flight really did me in and makes me realise I am not getting any younger. My joints we aching and my ribs were sore, so bed was welcomed with me hugging my pillow and drifting off into a deep sleep.

Tuesday morning came at 6.30 am and a cup of tea and BBC1 news, we were home and back to a normal routine. Marmite paid us a visit, before diving beneath the duvet for a bit of warmth. Luxury this morning was having toast in bed, before getting up to begin the day’s chores.

8 am I was off walking with Paddy and posting another card sale from my Ebay page. My Long Tailed-Tit card is proving popular. Back from our walk, both Paddy and Marmite got their breakfasts before I went off to the laundry to get a wash done. Whilst I did the laundry Keith set off with our new trolley to do a food shop. Laundry done and hung up in the boat, I then got on with re-lighting the back cabin stove and making up the saloon stove. The hoover was put around and the floors washed. With having our residential mooring and a landline, I have the joy of being able to use a hoover. Paddy moults all year round and his hair blows like tumbleweed up and down the saloon floor, so it is a joy to be able to hoover it up, rather than getting on my hands and knees with a dustpan and brush. It is the small things that make me happy Smile.

I got on with doing some vegetables for roasting with sausages, which all go into a pan together and went into the back cabin stove to roast to their heart content. Keith came home, looking unimpressed. He only had one wheel on his wagon. Our new trolley had failed, one of the wheels had broken off. Thankfully it happened just outside the Arm’s gate and so he did not have far to get home. There seems little point in taking the trolley back, because the fare alone would cost more than the trolley did, so we will keep the bag and buy another trolley. Groceries stowed away and lunch cooked and eaten, it was onto taking up the back cabin floor, so Keith could take a bolt off the gearbox. With bolts coming loose we have decided to try and stop this happening again, so Keith was going to go to Torry’s the hardware store in Warwick to get longer bolts and nuts, so we can add a locking nut on the end, this should solve the problem. When he came back we thought we should speak to an engineer about our poorly generator. The engineer is in Plymouth, but we were prepared to pay for him or one of his colleagues to come up to Warwick, but it was clear having listened to their conversation, that this was not going to happen. For the engineer to come out it was going to cost a lot of money, the suggestion was to find someone closer, who knows about our make of generator which is a Kohler inbuilt generator. This is looking like a longer job than we had hoped, but hey ho what will be, will be. I am not going to get wound up about it, instead I just went online and did some searches. I have found a couple of places who maybe able to help us and we have e-mailed them.

During the afternoon, I turned on the TV and out signal had gone completely. I checked all the connections and nothing, so thinking logically, I borrowed our neighbours satellite connection, to see if it was our wire and I was right, something was amiss with our connection. I then undid the aerial from the boat and on inspection it was corroded, so I did some cleaning up, made a brand new connection, screwed it back into place and yay it worked. I am a capable woman with a spanner. During the afternoon I spent a couple of hours catching up with my neighbour and other boaters still here after the Winter. Mind you it still feels like Winter, with the wind today. Spring has sprung as far as the Daffodils are concerned, so here is hoping the sun comes out and warms my bones a little more over the next few days, weeks and months. The rain forecast has now arrived and it is expected to stay with us all day tomorrow. I think it will be an indoors day tomorrow with films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails