*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 12 March 2017

Day 2. Black Country Living Museum.

2

Hi Friends and Followers.

Sunday morning and although it was overcast, it was mild. It was so mild no coat was required for the whole day.

1

We were to spend another day at the Museum.

IMG_9059

There is something so magical about this place, it is actually very calming amongst the hustle and bustle.

IMG_9082

Many of the cottages had their fires lit and cooking was going on. Turnip soup at one house and vegetable soup at another. The smell was wonderful.

IMG_9096

Today was quieter, there were not as many people about, but this was not a bad thing, because it gave me plenty of opportunities to take photographs.

IMG_9142

We spent most of the day chatting to the people who volunteer at the Living Museum and it has actually made us think we may volunteer at some point. Both Keith and I would enjoy helping out and talking about boats.

IMG_9171

It really is a special place and well worth spending the day here.

IMG_9184

Eventually the sun came out, even one of the pigs was enjoying the suns warmth on her skin. The other one was still in bed.

Untitled-1

Today was my turn to queue for the Fish & Chips. Joking, this was at least 2 hours before it opened. We did get there for 11.30 am and not long after the shop opened, there was only a couple of people in front of us.

IMG_91171

So our weekend at the Black Country Living Museum has drawn to a close and we cannot thank the people there enough for such a wonderful time. Special place and special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails