*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 19 May 2017

Progress made.

beautiful-rain-quotes-pictures-12-ab733c29

Hi Friends and Followers.

As the picture above suggests, it is raining again today. The pond is full, as is the canal and the plants have had their fill. The lawn and plants are green and lush now, which is a joy to behold.

Progress report on our table. I had a phone call from the company this morning, to say they will ring me next week to give me a date and time for the delivery. I have e-mailed them strict instructions on what to do when delivering our table, so there can be no confusion. As for the fact that the driver lied about phoning me, that is being dealt with internally and I do not mean that sort of internally, I mean within their company Smile.

It has been another damp day, but not particularly cold, although we do have the fire going, because it keeps the dampness away. Marmite is loving it, because she is nice and warm. I got some washing done this morning, which is hanging up in the engine room to dry. Lunch was leftover from the past couple of days, including the Rhubarb Crumble, which I could eat over and over again. The only thing that would top that would be an endless Cheese Cake. Part of my afternoon was spent in the office, working out the up and coming events we have in the Arm. Jack always arranges the Heritage Weekend, which we have in September. Since living here in the Arm, I have taken to helping her out with things and this year I am going to buy all the teddy bears for the tombola, which is always hugely popular. We already have people saying they are coming, so we have Historic Working Boats Nutfield and Raymond coming again this year. They joined us last year for the first time and were extremely popular, so we are so pleased they can come again. Our usual favourites will be with us so watch this space for updates.

Idle women

On Sunday 4th June.

The Idle Women of the Wartime Waterways production is coming to the Saltisford Arm on 4th June 2017 and is being performed by Alarum Theatre.

A double bill of theatre, poetry and music to whisk you back to the days of World War II when a shortage of crews to keep the working boats going brought a new breed of boater to the canal.

Young women, later nicknamed ‘Idle Women’, took on the challenge of managing a pair of 72ft narrow boats and 50 tons of cargo.

To celebrate the 75th anniversary of the start of the women’s training scheme, Kate Saffin and Heather Wastie will bring Isobel’s War and Idle Women and Judies to waterside (and nearby) venues, recreating the journey the women took (London-Birmingham-Coventry-London).

Travelling with the show will be historic narrow boat Tench steered and crewed by women.

Come and enjoy Isobel’s War (Kate Saffin) and Idle Women and Judies (Heather Wastie) in this beautiful setting!
There will be refreshments available and the show starts at 2pm.
BRING A CHAIR.

And more about Alarum and the tour on the website:
www.alarumtheatre.co.uk
Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.

Free entry with a requested donation

DATE AND TIME

Sun 4 June 2017
13:45 – 16:30 BST
Add to Calendar

LOCATION

Saltisford Canal Trust
Birmingham Road
Warwick
CV34 5RJ

We are all looking forward to the day and hope that the weather is kind to us. Jack and I will be busy doing the tea’s and Coffee and we sincerely hope we get a good crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails