*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 15 May 2017

Yes it is Monday.

monday-morning-meme-2

Hello Friends and Followers.

It was a damp start to my Monday. I know many will be moaning because it has been raining, but I am pleased to see the rain. The weather plays a huge roll in our day to day living and we have to accept that we do need rain at times. On a personal note, our garden needed water and the canals and reservoirs require constant top ups. This week we can expect rain on and off, so that should help with us going into the Summer.

Rain aside, for many it is back to work and me being mown down by cyclists. I should say Paddy gets mown down as well. This morning we were walking along the pavement and a cyclist came flying past me at high speed, brushing past my shoulder with no ringing bell or apology that he had hit my shoulder. Pavements are for walkers and roads are for cyclists, unless it is a designated cycle path. The thing that went through my head was, what is Paddy had crossed the path in front of me. He would of been hit by this cyclist and goodness only knows what damage would have been done to him. I am not a confrontational person, but I did say “Thank you for ringing your bell”. The cyclist did not stop, but I will definitely know him again. This has been the second time this has happened. The last time the cyclist had his child on the back of his bike in a child seat. Thankfully both Paddy and I are fine, but it could have been a different story.

Back to the safety of the boat, it was breakfast for mog and dog and my first glass of water of the day. I am trying to drink more water, as I do not feel I drink enough, especially after the last few days of a waterworks issue. So I am going to try and drink more water. I tend to have a cup of tea first thing and then coffee through the day, which really is not enough fluid. Of course with drinking more water, I will be visiting the smallest room on the boat more and this means I will be also visiting the Elsan more. I guess that will count as more exercise, which I am also trying to do more of, as I have been not keeping up with my 10,000 steps a day.

Yesterday was my baking day and today due to the rain was cooking day.

SAM_0409

The Minced Beef, Onions and Carrot was used for a meat pie.

SAM_0410

The top got a coat of egg wash before I put it into the oven.

SAM_0414

This would be eaten with Potatoes and Vegetables and gravy.

SAM_0411

Yesterday I was given some Rhubarb from our neighbour and so I made a Rhubarb Crumble, which is one of my all time favourite Puddings.

SAM_0416

There is so warming about warm Rhubarb Crumble on a wet day. Comfort food for all weathers.

Of late we have seen friends come into the Arm for a few days. Last week it was Sheila and Bruce off of Narrowboat Sanity Again. It had been sometime since we saw them both and so it was lovely to catch-up with them. Today we said “Cheerio” to Lisa and Fred off of Narrowboat Chyandour. The last time we saw Lisa and Fred was in 2014 after Keith got home from the hospital, having been very poorly. So there was a lot of catching-up to be done over coffee. With us still stuck at base, it is always nice to see a friendly face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails