*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 3 May 2019

Day 55: Kegworth to Barrow upon Soar.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Yesterday you will be aware we moored up above Kegworth lock and we seemed to be in the flight path for East Midlands Airport. I can report it did not disturb out night's sleep whatsoever. I think we were both so tired, nothing would of woken us.
The photograph above is of the sky last night. It was very moody as it prepared to dump more rain on us.
After our good nights sleep, we did not get up until 8am having had a nice brew to warm us up, because there had most definitely been a temperature drop. There was nothing for it, but to relight the back cabin stove, so Keith could be warm steering the boat and there would be plenty of hot water for coffee's along the way.
We left our overnight mooring at 9am, heading for Barrow upon Soar.
This was the stunning house by the weir where we moored. I wonder if the weir running all the time bothers them. It would not bother me, but Keith would be running to the loo all the time :-)
Zouch Lock was the first lock of the day and it was dry then, but that did not last for long and soon we were getting wet.
A little bit of sunshine on a miserable day.
These two calves were funny. They were playing chase and then head butting each other.
Another stunning house. Which probably has a big price tag.
Coming into Loughborough. We then turned left at the junction. We did not need any shopping, so no point going into the town moorings. Whilst we cruised around the outskirts of the town, I put some sausage rolls in to warm through. There is nothing nicer than eating something hot on the go. It literally warms the core and it always works for me and keeps me smiling.
Approaching Barrow upon Soar bridge.
Waiting to come into the lock, because a boat was already in the lock. The rain had stopped for a short while, which was a blessing.
We moored up above the lock and will be here for a day or two.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails