*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 12 May 2019

Day 63: A day at Foxton.

Hiya family, friends and followers.

Having enjoyed a peaceful night out side the Foxton Locks Inn. We woke to sunshine poring through the pigeon box. It was looking good for a pleasant day.
With the mooring only being a one day mooring, we decided to move off, go and wind at Debdale and moor up on the towpath, because a couple of boats had left.
All moored up, I cooked lunch and got a few jobs done.
We walked up the lock and caught up with people we know. We also popped into the Museum and had a lovely chat with Chris a boating friend who volunteers at the Museum.
Several of my photographs have been blown up and mounted and are for sale in the Museum shop. It makes me really chuffed, to see them mounted and so large, because I have never seen them blown up this large before. They can be bought from the Foxton Locks Museum.
We spent the evening in Bridge 61 with other boaters and what a brilliant evening we had. We did not get back to the boat until 10.45 pm, so a late night for us both, but a very enjoyable one.
Sunday morning dawned and the sun was out. I went out with my camera and had a natter to a few folk. When I got back to the boat Keith was chatting to our friends John and Jo who used to own Narrowboat Acen, which they sold and have a home in Market Harborough. They could not live without a boat in their life, and at the moment they have Dreamweaver which is 45 foot long, but it is up for sale on Apollo Duck and they have another boat lined up, which is 60ft long. It was so lovely to see them again and meet their new Whippet Tia. We spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon, just enjoying Sunday.
The time got on and we had eaten dinner. Keith then asked if I wanted to move closer to Market Harborough, which was fine with me. At 5.40 pm we left the mooring and set off towards Market Harborough.
With only two swing bridges to do, it was a dodall, although the road swing bridge has not gotten any easier in the years we have been away from the area, either that I have become weaker.
We cruised past the glue factory, where there is always a strong smell of cooking bones.
We moored up at Gallows Hill at 6.50 pm in the early evening sunshine. Off into Market Harborough tomorrow morning.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails