*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 6 May 2019

Day 58: Last day in Barrow upon Soar.

Hello Family, friends and followers.

Bank Holiday Monday and it has been a day of doing little just for a change. Actually I am lying a little, because I can never do nothing, because it is not in my nature.
The morning began as always, come on you know the routine by now. One of these days I am going to be so darn bold and do something extraordinary, that will blow you socks off. But for now you know the morning routine.
After doing the saloon stove, I headed up into the village to the Co-op, because I needed a loaf of bread. I went the long way round and walked down to Barrow Boating and got up onto the road by the Navigation. From there you climb the hill to the roundabout and then turn right up into the centre of the village, or as the sign say's the high street. Bread bought, I then had a downhill walk back to the boat via the Barrow Deep Lock, so I had in fact done a complete circle and added to my steps for the day Yippee.
Lunch, we finished off the Sausage Casserole with dumplings and I made a bread and butter pudding from a dried out loaf. I hate throwing food away and will always try to use things up, even if it is a odd concoction.
I then spent the afternoon finishing off another doggie blanket.
The wool for the 9th blanket this year came all the way from Canada. So thank you Jackie for your donation. I am already on another blanket already as well as reading another new book. This book is by one of my favourite authors Annie Murray. The book is called Meet Me Under The Clock. I have only just started it, so I will give you my opinion in a few days.
Tomorrow we will be on the move, so I will catch you on the other side.
Have a lovely day.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails