*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 29 May 2019

Days 78,79 and 80.

Hello Family, friends and followers.

Bank Holiday Monday dawned and the sun was out, so we thought great we will get some trading done. We did not put anything out till 11 am, because there was no one around early doors. All set up and sitting watching the clouds begin to roll in. Then came the spots of rain on the surface of the cut arghhhh. Covers out and placed over our sale things. The rain stops and the covers come off. We had a few buying customers, but the rain began to fall again and again the covers went on. This went on for over an hour and we both then said "we give up". We put everything back in their boxes and packed them back into the hold. There was no point in carrying on. After lunch, we walked down the locks and I bought us a pint and a packet of pork scratchings to cheer us up.

Tuesday was the day to start painting the roof over the back cabin and the engine room. Because we had been moored under trees, which were dropping leaves and blossom, we moved the other side of the bridge onto a mooring with no overhanging trees and bushes.
I rubbed the roof down and got the first coat of paint on, before the heavens opened. Thankfully the paint was dry by the time the rain came phew.
Keith rubbed down the counter and I then painted that as well.
The forend got a bit of TLC ready for dry docking, when I will finish it off. I wanted to get the white completed, so I just have the blue and red to do when in dry dock, because we only have three days.
 
The side hatches also got some TLC and I will finish those over the coming days.

This morning I got on with second coating the roof, hatches and forend with paint. There was little in the way of sunshine, but the paint soon dried. Between 3:00 pm and 4:00pm we were expecting a Tesco food delivery. I suggested we get there early just in case it arrived early. Good thing we turned up at the road junction early as it arrived at 2:40pm!. We decided to make a move and so we set off towards Welford Junction, hoping to find a mooring where their were no overhanging trees, so I can do the other half of the roof tomorrow. Whilst on the move, I stowed the food shop away. Having come out the other side of Husbands Bosworth tunnel we were greeted by rain. We moored up at Welford junction, Having done 7 miles.
Tomorrow I will rub down the second half of the roof and start painting that. I will also finish the hatches if the weather allows.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails