*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 8 May 2019

Day 60: Mountsorrel to Aylestone Lock.

Hiya Family, friends and followers.

Wow we are on day 60 of our Spring/Summer cruise and I would like to say it was a fabulously sunny day, but sadly I cannot. It was in fact raining from start to finish, so there are only a few photographs, because cameras and rain really do not like each other.
We left Mountsorrel at 8.35am, having discussed what we should do. The forecast was for heavy rain, which meant that the River Soar would go up in the next day or two. The decision was to push on and get off of the river. Having donned our wet gear, and got underway, the rain began to increase and I became aware that the jacket I was wearing was not waterproof as described. Still it was not cold, so once wet I was of the mind to ignore it and carry on regardless.
Due to the wet conditions, I was taking things carefully at the locks, because they were slippery in places. It was also noticeable that some of the lock gates were bloomin heavy. Keith had to help me out with one of them, because I could not shift it on my own. Before we got into Leicester, I had to change my jumper and coat because I was wet through. The donkey jacket came into use for the first time this trip. Although not waterproof, it does take a long time to get really wet and even when it is wet, you still feel warm. I put two pairs of waterproof trousers on, but decided my feet were wet so they could stay that way. I will have to dig out another pair of boots for tomorrow.
I have never really been that keen on going though Leicester, but today it was not too bad. We only saw one other boat moving and that was the charity boat Sunbeam.
The only thing moving in Leicester were the ducks and Swans.
We went past the King Power Stadium. The home of Leicester football club. It is a very impressive stadium. We were nearly off the river.
Having done 12.5 miles and worked 11 locks, we decided to stop above Aylestone Lock at 2.10pm thoroughly wet but no down or out.
Because everything was soaking wet, I had to strip off and now everything is hanging up in the back cabin to dry. I do not remember the last time we got this wet when cruising, but I am not down hearted, it was actually really enjoyable.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails