*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 21 May 2019

Day 72: Welford to Foxton.

Hello Family, friends and followers.

After a fabulous weekend, we left the Welford Arm, having seen Les at the boat yard with our back cabin flue, which needs welding. He is going to do it for us and give it back to us when we dry dock in a couple of weeks time. We had a Black Prince hire boat on the outside of us overnight, because they had no where else to moor and I did not want them getting into trouble by mooring on the water point, so suggested they breast up with us. Such a lovely group of mature gentlemen on a weeks boating holiday.
It was a bright sunny morning. We set off and were soon going through Husbands Bosworth tunnel, where we met three boats coming in the other direction. Only one of them had a rear light, so the others could see them. I never understand why people do not have a light on at the stern. Or put on a cabin light.
On the way to Foxton, I did us some Bacon sandwiches. On arriving at the locks, I walked down to find a lock keeper to book in. We were allowed down straight away wooo hoooo.
We had a lot of gongoozlers taking photographs, as we descended the locks. It was lovely to chat to them on the way down and have the help of the lock keepers.
Once at the bottom we moored up opposite Bridge 61. I wanted to get a laundry wash done, so piled the bedding in a bag and set off for the launderette at Bridge 61. They have a new washing machine and dryer and it cost £3.50 for a wash, which is ok and it does a good job. Whilst waiting for the machine to do its thing, we had a pint and chatted to a couple of other boaters. Washing done, it was time to cook dinner and to put my feet up for a bit. I then decided as we were close to a water tap, I would fill up the tank. After a coffee, I got on with e-mails, which was so slow because the dongle was on a go slow. I did eventually get online and was able to chat to family. Life has certainly become much more exciting and will be more so in the next couple of weeks. You will hear more when the time comes. But if you see me with a huge smile on my face, you may ask me why.

Pop back soon xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails