*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 9 May 2019

Day 61: Aylestone Lock to Kilby Bridge.

Hello Family, friends and followers.

After the deluge yesterday, this morning did not bode well with the sound of rain thumping on the roof of the back cabin. We sat in bed drinking our first brew of the day and my question was "What are we doing today?".
The answer was we were moving, which was fine by me. I am not really bothered by the weather, having cruised in everything that Mother Nature has thrown at us over the years. We once again donned our wet weather gear and set off in a heavy drizzle.
First lock of the day was at Kings Lock, where there is a tearoom, which is never open when we pass it. Mind you it was 9 am. They are open Thursdays onward and Bank Holiday Mondays. One day we will get to try out their cakes and tea.
We did a couple of locks with a CRT workboat, who were clearing the byweirs along the route. We only met them and two boats heading in the opposite direction. Due to the weather it was another quiet day, which is fine. The CRT workboat was heading to Kilby Bridge, just like us.
This annoys me.
It is a plastic cruiser chained and padlocked on the lock mooring. There is a patrol notice on it, so hopefully someone will come and move it on. Lock moorings are just that. They are only to be used, when waiting for the lock. They are NOT there is moor on for days on end. Apparently it had been there for over a week.
The weather did seem to improve a little with the heavy drizzle subsiding from time to time.
We arrived in Kilby Bridge at 12.45 pm and are moored on the 48 hour moorings for the night. The rain then stopped completely, so after a late lunch, we stowed away the anchor, chain and rope away, now that we are off the river.
Off to Foxton tomorrow.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails