*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Safe Cycling Routes.

You can now find a cycling route on Google. Google is now providing a way of finding somewhere to cycle and this also means along the towpaths.

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/about-sustrans/media/news-releases/safe-cycling-routes-to-appear-on-google-for-the-first-time

Time will tell if this is going to make our towpath even busier and there more dangerous.

What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    I don't mind cyclist using the towpath if they act responsibly. There are so many signs along this stretch asking cyclist to dismount by bridges and locks and so far every cyclist I have seen has ignored the sign. I feel they should be made to hold a licence to ride the towpath with a hefty fine if they don't carry one.

    On a lighter note thanks for your help about the pound sign. It is now fixed! £££

    Stay safe and dry.

    Irene Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian and Irene. I am in full agreement. Up here on every bridge it says No Cyclists, but I am presuming that does not count anymore as most towpaths are cycle highways.

    So pleased you have sorted out the problem xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails