*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Day 7.

So here we are my friends into day 7 of 2014 and although the wind is blowing, the rain has stopped for at least today. Already this year there seems to have been so much going on.

Us Brits love talking about the weather and so I will start there. Large swaths of our beautiful country is under water due to the high tides and the deluges we have been having recently. It makes me glad I live on a boat, but I do so feel for all the people who are flooded out. It must be a living nightmare trying to clear out your property after the water has left its damage and for some people it is not the first time they have been flood over the past few months. I then look to the sort of weather they have been getting in the USA and think how thankful we should be at not having. Parts of the US and Canada have been experiencing brain freezing temperatures, down as low as -51C (-60F) with the effect of wind chill, forecasters say. Brrrrr it reminds me of the film “The Day After Tomorrow”. They are blanketed with snow and people have lost their lives due to the cold. It makes what we are experiencing look so trivial. Now we have to hope that their weather does not come across the Atlantic to us.

It has been a couple of busier days. Keith is now up and about, so we took a short walk, so he could see how his back was fairing. yesterday I had to collect a prescription for more back medication for him having spoken to the GP in the morning. The fires were stoked, water tank filled and chores done. Today I slept in until 8.30 am, which is unheard of for me, but I have had a few sleepless nights lately. Having gotten up, Paddy was taken out as he was almost walking with crossed legs. Then it was breakfast time. Once the saloon stove was stoked up, I got some washing done, which included my old North Face jacket, which is going on Ebay. By the time all that was done, it was lunchtime and then I waited for Mr Tesco to call with our food delivery. He arrived at 1.25 pm and very kindly wheeled the crates down to the boat on his trolley, I then handed the crates into Keith through the galley doors and he emptied the food onto the work surface. After the nice Mr Tesco man had gone, I then stowed the food supplies away. Because we had not eaten much over the Christmas and New Year, I did not have a big order, but the cupboard, fridge and freezer were still all fit to bursting point.

Not a huge amount to write about at the moment, but just felt the need to type something to let you know how things are in our world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails