*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 18 January 2014

Ward here we come.

Keith Update : Well today has been a good day. They have taken the drain from his nose to his stomach woo hoo and tonight they have said that as far as his surgeon is concerned they can do no more for him in ICU, so they may well move him on to a ward tomorrow, which is fantastic. Surgically he is stable, he just needs to mend now and get stronger. His temperature went up last night, so he is remaining on the toxic antibiotics of which he is taking three different sorts, but they have stopped infusing the Morphine, he now has to administer it himself, but he tends to forget, due to still being out of it a bit.
Keith is still confused and in a little bit of pain, but he has made real progress today, even to the point he is drinking water and asked if he could have something to eat. He does not remember eating scrambled egg yesterday or the fact that I fed him. But he is making the nurses giggle with the things he is coming out with, but that is the drugs talking bless him. I am so happy to see progress and to have a bit of a conversation with him, and hopefully the rest will come.

As for me well, sleeping is still a problem, but who knows tonight maybe better. Today I went out with friends for lunch before heading back to the hospital. It was nice to chat and just relax for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails