*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 2 April 2019

Day 25: Birmingham City.

Hello family, friends and followers.

It has been a nice quiet day today. We had a nice cuppa in bed listening to BBC WM, before getting up and starting the second day of April. The Canada Geese gave us a flypast as they came into the loop, in their noisy way. They always make me giggle with their antics and noises.
When we woke up it was pouring down with rain, so the idea of going into the city first thing was put on hold, so I got on with the boat chores and a bit of crochet.
10am the rain had died down to a bit of spit spotting, so we decided to don our hats and coats and set off into the city.
I wanted to buy some cheese from the outdoor market, because they do the strongest Cheddar I know and a bonus was the Cheddar and Magner cider cheese we bought for a pound. I also picked up a pack of Sausage Rolls for a pound, so all in all a bargain. We had a wander around the indoor markets. There is a wonderful atmosphere in and around the Birmingham market and you can buy so much there. I went to Primark to see if they did tank tops, but could not find anything. I want some tank tops, because my old one has fallen into holes. But no one seems to do a decent cheap tank top these days.
Lunch was had at Ming Moon. We enjoyed a lovely Chinese Buffet there as always. Sadly the Big Wok closed down last year and there is still nothing in the premises. After a wonderful lunch we took a slow and steady walk back to the boat. Both of us feeling ever so slightly shattered.
Back home, we had a welcome visit by a friend, who joined us for a cuppa and a natter. The rest of my evening will be spent with my feet up.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails