*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 16 April 2019

Day 38: Ragley Boat Stop to Shardlow.

Hello family, friends and followers.

We had a lovely evening at the Ragley Boat Stop after our dinner and a pint. After what was a good night's sleep. We were awake early and listening to the birdsong and the drone of a train, trundling along the track. The radio went on and I made us both our first cuppa of the day. The decision was to head for Shardlow and stop if there was a mooring available.
Having gotten up and done the boat chores, got the stove going in the back cabin, we got the anchor, chain and rope out of the hold. It was all arranged on the forend ready for our river cruise in a day or two. We have a 25kg anchor, which go with a large chain and rope. Trying to stop a 27 tonne boat requires something substantial. With it all in place, we set off at 8.35am.
The cruise was pretty uneventful. We shared one lock with another boat, they then had to pull over with engine problems. They are hoping to get up the River Soar. 
We arrived at Shardlow at 12 noon. I dished up lunch and coffee. We then had a surprise visit from Viv and Meg, which was wonderful. Later in the afternoon, we went for a wander and are now back onboard. Today we did 7.3 miles 3 locks.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails