*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 11 April 2019

Day 34: Calf Heath to Rugeley.

Hello family, friends and followers.

After a disturbed nights sleep due to Sciatica and Costochondritis. Doing the 21 locks clearly upset both of them. On the plus side, I was awake to hear a Woodpecker sending morse code to its mates, which put a huge smile on my face.
After a heavy overnight frost, we woke to mist on the water, which always looks magical.
We set off for Gailey lock at 8.10am in beautiful sunshine, although it was still nippy.
Deptmoor Lock was the deepest lock of the day.
A Bee decided to have a lift with us. It sat on the mop head and soaked up the sunshine, before flying off.
Tixel Wide was incredibly quiet. Usually it is packed with boats, but not today. It is also noticeable that there is a lack of wildfowl around. There used to be Kingfisher, Swans, Grebe all in abundance, but the only thing we saw was a nesting pair of Swans and a few ducks.
Our first Lambs of the season. I never get tired of seeing them. Mum was being harassed by her babies for milk.
We have moored at Taft Bridge No.69 near Rugeley. 17.8 miles 14 locks.

Pop back soon.  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails