*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 5 April 2019

Day 28: Tipton to the Black Country Living Museum.

Hello family, friends and followers.

A funny old morning. I woke to the sound of rain on the roof and the wind blowing a hooley, which was not want we wanted. Although we were not in any hurry to leave our overnight mooring at Tipton, we did not want it blowing a hooley, because we needed to wind.
Before setting off, we walked down into Tipton, to have a look in the three charity shops they have there. I went looking for a knitted tank top and came back with two Dilly Court books, which I do not have. There were a couple of tank tops, but way to big for me, so I drew a blank again. I can completely recommend the charity shops in Tipton, because they are cheap and not there to rip you off. There are bargains to be had, which makes a nice change. The three shops help local charities.
Back on the boat, I made us a coffee and we were just sat talking, when there was a knock on the boat and a lady standing on the towpath announced that she and her husband Lindsay follow Keith's railway blog. They are over from Australia for 6 months and cruising the canals for 4 months. They hoped that they may see us somewhere on the system and low and behold they came past us and moored up, so they could come and say "hello" and to see the railways layout.
We invited them in and Keith showed them into the railway room, giving them a guided tour of the layout. They were so thrilled to have seen us and the railway and we were very happy to meet them both, so the railway has gone global it seems.
Beth and Lindsay have their own blog, telling of their cruising adventures in the UK. Such a lovely couple and we wish them well with their cruising. They were to join us at the BCLM later on.
We left the mooring at 11.05am and went up to the top of factory locks to wind. Thankfully the wind had calmed down a little, making winding easier.
Back past Neptune Wharf.
Tipton Junction.
Black Country Museum moorings.
We winded beneath Browns Bridge and then moored up.
Having moored up, we went and collected our membership cards for the year and got fish and chips for lunch. The afternoon was then spent wandering around the museum, catching up with folk and enjoying half a pint in the pub.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails