*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 15 April 2019

Day 37: Fradley to The Ragley Boat Stop.

Hiya family friends and followers.

Blimey, who bought back Winter?
It was definitely nippy this morning and there was a stiff breeze, which made things feel colder. We left Fradley at 8am after enjoying a lovely weekend at the nature reserve. Stan one of the CRT volunteers, helped us down through the locks. He was so lovely and he has his gold bag for volunteering, which he reckoned I was the only person who had noticed it and I congratulated him. He really enjoys volunteering. We said "Goodbye" to Stan and headed off on our way.
There is a new marina being built at Fradley. It is a 60 berth marina with all facilities. I bet that will fill up quickly.
There are some pretty places along this stretch of the canal, river and back to canal again.
Once the sun came out, it warmed things up a little and I could desguard my gloves.
We past through the home of Marstons, Burton upon Trent. I do love a pint of Hobgoblin :-)
The cafe at Stenson Lock is closed at the moment. it looks like they are being redecorated, because the outside was being painted. We had to wait for the lock, because a boat was already going down and it was a slow process, because one of the bottom paddles gear was broken by a boat a couple of boats in front of us. Apparently the boater entered the lock at speed and hit the gear, breaking it. According to the volunteer lock keeper, it has not long been repaired after being out of commision for most of last season. To say that the lock keeper was miffed was an understatement and rightly so. Boaters need to take more care.
We stopped for water along the way.
We moored up at 3.35pm at Ragley Boat Stop and went for a pint. Whilst there we saw they were going meals for £4.99 if ordered before 5pm and for an extra £1 you could have a pudding. Neither of us was bothered by the pudding, but we could not resist the main course. Keith had Gammon and Chips and I had Plaice and Chips, both were extremely scrummy. So if you are passing this way and there is room to moor up, do enjoy a pint and food in the pub.
Back at the boat, I swept the saloon chimney, mainly because we were moored the side which the chimney is on, making it easier for me to use the brush, without climbing onto the roof. If the weather reports are right, it should be heating up this week, so the fire may be allowed to go out.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails