*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 10 April 2019

Day 33: Urban Moorings to Calf Heath.

Hello family, friends and followers.

This morning we said "Cheerio" to the Urban Moorings. Jennie waved us off. These moorings are a little gem and an oasis in a mad world. They still have a lot of work to do, but it is already showing potential and I for one cannot wait to see what happens in the future.
Destination today was to do the Wolverhampton 21.
When we arrived at the top of the flight, there was already a hire boat waiting to go down and we thought oh deep joy. But we need not have worried, because they ad plenty of crew members and they were experienced hirer's. As they went down the flight they cracked the paddle of each lock for us, so the lock was full when we got there.
Keith caught me doing my party trick. I am still agile enough to step across the lock gates, but it is not for the faint hearted. I have just always done it. You do have to be confident though.
At lock 8, we rescued one of these little darlings. Mum and four of her ducklings had walked down the towpath to the pound below the lock and jumped into the water, but one decided to jump into the full lock. Keith steered the boat into the lock and then managed to capture the duckling. He handed it to me and I went off down the towpath and reunited the duckling with its mum and siblings. I hope it lives to a good old age.
Getting there in the sunshine. It was really the perfect day for doing the 21.
The Cowslips are out.
Last lock on the 21.
After all the hard work, we deserved a Bacon sandwich. The joy of having a back cabin stove, means I cook on the move.
At 2.40pm, we decided it was time to stop for the day. We are moored at Long Moll's bridge, Calf Heath, 9.2 miles, 21 locks.
Time now for me to get on with something for dinner and then feet up with a good book. I am reading Dilly Court's The River Maiden at the moment.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails