*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 3 April 2020

Day 8: A spot of gardening.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Sharing this from a Facebook friend.
I saw this and just had to post it.

We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another.
Suddenly Disney is out of magic,
Paris is no longer romantic,
New York doesn't stand up anymore,
the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mecca is empty.
Hugs and kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents & friends becomes an act of love.
Suddenly you realize that power, beauty and money are worthless, and can't get you the oxygen you're fighting for.
The world continues its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it's sending us a message:
"You are not necessary. The air, earth, water and sky without you are fine. When you come back, remember that you are my guests. Not my masters."

Hello one and all. It's Friday and we are taking a step towards the weekend, after what has been another strange week for us all in so many ways. If you are going through the virus at the moment, then I send you my love and hugs and hope that you have a speedy recovery. If you are a key worker and are struggling, I send you my strength to endure, love and hugs. In a way we will all cope with this crisis differently. What is needed right now is a lot more kindness across the world, because at the moment, this is the only story which is dominating the news and our lives.

Today, we woke up to an overcast start, but we have the promise of tropical temperatures on Sunday. One of the first things I did this morning was to go out and get rid of the ash from the fire. Now this may seem like a mundane job, but it is a job which has to be done. When out cruising, cooled ash will be dis-guarded in a hedge row or bagged and binned. On the mooring, I empty the ash pan into a bucket and allow it to cool, before putting it into an empty coal bag. Once it is full enough, I then put it into the bin. I do not put it on the garden, because it can be acidic and that will affect the Ph of the soil and may kill my plants. With that done. Mr Robin came calling. He will always come close, just so I know he is there and that he would like to be fed.
For the first time, he actually took some food out of my hand. I only wish I could of got a photograph taken to prove it happened, but Keith was doing something else at the time, so you will have to take my word for it that it happened. He like suet pellets I have discovered, so I stood with my hand held out and yayyyyy he finally felt brave enough to taken a couple of pellets from my hand. This of course made my day :-).

I decided today was weeding day, so having done all the usual chores on board. I took my coffee and camera out into the garden.
The Spring colour in our small garden is beautiful and it has some of my favourite colours coming out. This Spring is a learning curve for us in our new garden, because we had no idea what was already planted, or what colours the plants may be.
Some of the bulbs have not flowered this year, so I have dug them up. Now does anyone know, if they are likely to flower in future or is their life spent. I am going to put more bulbs in at the end of this year, so if they need to be thrown away that is fine. But of course if I can save them I will do.
Come lunch time, the rockery end of the garden was weeded. The whole time I was weeding Mr Robin was following me looking to see if I had anything for its lunch. I did find a small worm, but he was not really interested in it :-(.
In the end I weeding out two bucketfuls of weeds, which went onto the compost heap. Of course weeds never stop growing, so it will be on going. I will do another bit of the garden tomorrow.
The Fairies were out in the sunshine today, making the most of the warmth on their faces.
We have discovered that we have a lot of Forget Me Not's in the garden, which is perfect, because I love them, so they are staying. It was so lovely to be out in the fresh air and to get some exercise. I did have a natter with fellow boaters across the cut, as they went back to their boat from a food shop. Whilst Sainsbury's was queuing, M&S was empty. I am thinking if I really have to go to a supermarket, I may pay the extra and go to M&S. But that is only if I absolutely have too. I am still preferring not to leave the Arm at the moment, because I am sticking to what Boris has asked.
Now the weather this weekend, is supposed to be lovely. Sunday is going to be almost tropical and I just know there will be folk out there, who will think about going out and enjoying the weather and countryside, but PLEASE DO NOT. Stay at home and SAVE LIVES. Now is not the time to be traipse around the countryside, just because the sun is out. If we all stick to the regulations, we will get through this so much quicker. There is very little point in the majority of us doing the right thing, when the small minority think they are above the regulations, because they will continue to pass the virus around. So PLEASE STAY AT HOME. It could just help save a loved one.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails