*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 23 April 2020

Day 84: Another year older and wiser.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Thank you for your birthday wishes. I can honestly say I had a lovely Birthday, even though we are in lockdown. Normally we would be off out for the day and enjoy a meal out in a restaurant. Obviously that could not happen, so we had the meal come to us.
I ordered a Thai meal from Totally Thai our fabulous local restaurant, who we like to visit for lunch every now and again. They have been in Warwick over 20 years and we have always had wonderful food and service from them, so we are supporting them in this difficult time. I had a bottle of wine on the boat (phew), so we enjoyed a lovely meal. Throughout the day, it was just a normal day. Keith gave me a charm for my trollbead bracelet as well. During the evening, we had a Zoom conference chat with my wonderful family, which was such a lot of fun. I have never used Zoom before, but it was brilliant because we were all on screen at the same time. We had a lot of laughs and swapped all the news, which of course included the virus and how we are all coping with it.
Incredibly special was receiving cards from my family and grandsons. It made my day and my year. We cannot wait to get together once this is all over for a proper family get together.
Day 84 of this virus in the UK and it looks like we will be in lockdown in some form for quite sometime, so it is time to knuckle down and get lots of jobs done. Today was the day to be getting some of the boats paintwork sorted out. There is touching up to be done, where Keith has knocked the paint off, whilst we were out at the beginning of March. I like to keep on top of the paintwork, to keep the boat tidy. This of course involve getting out my sander. There is nothing nicer than working with power tools. I am now just hoping I have enough paint to get all the jobs done.
I am beginning with the fore-end which has taken the most punishment.
I sanded down the dodgy bits with my little mouse sander and then undercoated the patches. Unfortunately I do not have any grey primer for under the blue, so had to use white.
No one will really notice the white undercoat once the blue is on top. That is a job for tomorrow.
After lunch, I sat and began crocheting heart for palliative care patients at our local hospitals in Warwick and Coventry. I contacted them to see if they needed anything and they need crochet hearts. So with the help of Youtube, I am going to see how many I can make. I am making them in different sizes as well. I love a challenge.
It has been another fabulous day weather wise and we are set for the same tomorrow, so I will be painting once again.

I am finishing today's post with a laugh, because I think we can all do with one right now.
I pinched this from another site - enjoy 👍

These are ‘supposedly’ genuine clips from council complaint letters:

1. My bush is really overgrown round the front and my back passage has fungus growing in it.
2. He's got this huge tool that vibrates the whole house and I just can't take it anymore.
3. it's the dog mess that I find hard to swallow.
4. I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.
5. I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly then he put his foot in the hole in his back passage.
6. And their 18 year old son is continually banging his balls against my fence.
7. I wish to report that tiles are missing from the outside toilet roof. I think it was bad wind the other night that blew them off.
8. My lavatory seat is cracked, where do I stand?
9. I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is coming away from the wall.
10. Will you please send someone to mend the garden path? My wife tripped and fell on it yesterday and now she is pregnant.
11. I request permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.
12. 50% of the walls are damp, 50% have crumbling plaster and 50% are plain filthy.
13. I am still having problems with smoke in my new drawers.
14. The toilet is blocked and we cannot bath the children until it is cleared.
15. Will you please send a man to look at my water; it is a funny colour and not fit to drink.
16. Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
17. I want to complain about the farmer across the road; every morning at 6am his cock wakes me up and its now getting too much for me.
18. The man next door has as large erection in the back garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.
19. Our kitchen floor is damp. We have two children and would like a third, so please send someone round to do something about it.
20. I am a single woman living in a downstairs flat and would you please do something about the noise made by the man on top of me every night.
21. Please send a man with the right tool to finish the job and satisfy my wife.
22. I have had the clerk of works down on the floor six times but I still have no satisfaction.
23. This is to let you know that our lavatory seat is broke and we can't get BBC2.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails