*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 12 November 2016

Foggy mind day.

Hi Friends.

Really soggy old start to Saturday, and I knew that one of our four legged crew members would not be happy about going for his walk. Paddy was less than impressed with the idea of walking in the drizzly rain, which always gets you wetter than the real stuff. He was quick to do what he had to do and then leg it back to the warmth and dryness of the boat and to be honest I was with him this morning.

Last night I took my first Amitriptyline 10mg tablet and was in bed by 9.30 pm due to feeling very sleepy. This meant I missed the end of the England v Scotland match, but of course we were already winning by 3-0 and I did not miss any further goals. I slept like a baby and only woke up at 6.30 am. I have woken up with a very foggy head, which I was told by the GP would probably happen, but he advised me to push on through it, which I did. He also said that if this medication was going to work, it would show immediate improvement in my condition and he was right. Normally I wake up still with rib and sternum pain, but this morning I woke up with the pain reduced by a huge amount, so it looks so far like this medication maybe having an affect. Of course it could also be down to the double dose of Omeprazole I am now taking. I am willing to go with either to be relatively pain free and I can work though the foggy head, I just need to make sure I concentrate on what I am doing. One thing is certain, if I was a car driver I would not be driving my car. Thankfully this does not apply to me, because I am not a car driver. I do not even think I would be safe working the boat, if we were out cruising, so I am also glad we are on our mooring. Hopefully this foggy head will clear after a few days of taking Amitriptyline.
I was reading up on Amitriptyline. Although it is used for depression in larger doses, it is widely used for Fibromyalgia. So I am now wondering if the GP is thinking I may have this, because along with my sternum and rib pain, other joints are a problem as well as other symptoms. So we will see how things go. I am keeping an open mind. The one thing it will not do and that is it will not stop me getting on with my busy life. I have a lot of things to do over the Winter, boat and mooring related.

As the day wore on my foggy head did improve, helped by a nap in the afternoon. I actually did very little all day. The laundry got done, as did lunch and dinner, oh and I made numerous cups of coffee, but I took things nice and easy and watched a film then the Rugby Union. Scotland were so close and yet so far away, letting Australia win by one point again. I am now watching the Wales V Argentina match and already Argentina is in the lead.

Feet up again, before bedtime and hopefully tomorrow will be another day of my pain decreasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails