*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 4 November 2016

There are day's......

Hi Friends.

The title of this posting say's it all really.

There are day's, when I should not get out of bed. Today was such a day.
It all began well enough. I got on with making a Chicken and Mushroom pie for lunch, which was scrummy.
I then went out and started pruning and cutting back in the garden, getting it ready for the Winter, that also went well.
Lunch was eaten and then I thought I would go out with my camera. This is where it all went horribly wrong. I climbed out of the back cabin doors, stood on the back counter and as I stepped off of the boat, the strap on my camera caught on the handrail and the camera fell into the dark depths of the canal. I had that moment, where everything seemed to happen in slow motion, but there was no stopping the camera causing a splash. I was able to grab it out of the water, but of course the damage was then done. Having emptied the water out of it, I hung it in the saloon over the stove and I pray it dries out, but I will not be holding my breath.
To say I was upset was an understatement, I was incredibly upset and annoyed with myself.
My camera is covered by insurance but there is a £50 excess and we would lose all our no claims, so not worth going down that route. It is covered under contents if Hadar should sink and we lose everything, our we have a break in and lots of stuff gets stolen, lose of a single item does not cost out. My 1100D is not made anymore, so I would have to upgrade, so I have decided to go on Ebay and look for a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails