*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 15 January 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


Howdy. We are still in the grip of a cold snap. I am not calling it the big freeze like the media, because to me, for it to be a Big freeze, it would need to be going on for at least a couple of months. This has been a few weeks. I absolutely love this weather and all it has to offer. This morning's offering was to chuck a huge amount of rain on us, but it has not drained away. it is now just sat on top of the ice, making walking around a little slippery under foot.
I am hoping that this is not the end of the wintery weather, because it is oh so beautiful.
Having got all the boat jobs done, I went for a walk, looking across the fields made me smile, because they are still covered in snow, despite all of the rain we had this morning. They are saying that come the weekend, the temperatures are going to go up to +6 c and therefore the thaw should really get underway, but we will have to see.
Sitting around for over 3 weeks, has made me a little lazy. I should be getting on with crafty things, but have not felt the urge. I have peg loom rag rugs to make, but I really have to be in the mood. Hubby has been getting on with his rag rugs. My time has been filled with daily duties and coal deliveries. This morning I had a customer call for his coal and I am sure that there will be more over the weekend. I do need to get into the hold and restack the coal, because I am going to need to order more. Dinner is in the back stove, we are having chicken in a Mustard and Honey Sauce and we will have it with potatoes and veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails