*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 26 January 2010

A first time for everything.

Hi Folks.

Today has shown me that there can a first time for anything in ones life. Today was the first time I have ever been to an auction. I like most people have watched auctions on the TV shows, such as 'Flog It' and 'Bargain Hunt'. I actually had some friends who were on 'Bargain Hunt'. Anyway today hubby and I went to our first auction at Gildings Auction House, in Market Harborough. We had been down to the auction house on Monday to have a look at a couple of items and thought that we would go along today to see if we could bid for four pieces of Measham Ware and a selection of ten ribbon plates. It was over an hour before our first lot came up. This was the four pieces of Measham Ware, which included a large teapot (damaged), jug, kettle and bowl, Estimated at fetching £140 - £160. We were bidding against someone on the Internet. Sadly we were out bid by the person with no face. We had set a limit at £200, because the teapot amongst the four pieces was damaged and we were not prepared to pay anymore. Oh well never mind we will keep looking. Another three quarters of an hour passed before our second lot came up. This was a selection of 10 Continental ribbon plates, were estimated at fetching £40 to £60. There were a couple of other people bidding, but we got the plates for £25 whoop, whoop. It was really quite exciting. It really amazed me at what things sold for, many under their Estimated values. We will most definitly be going again, it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails