*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 23 January 2020

Curry, stew and coffee.

Dear family, friends and followers.

I have come to a time in my life where I am at peace with who I am, what I am and how I am a firm believer that I always treat others the way that I want to be treated and I do unto others as I want done to me.  I like to think I am a polite and genuine person. Of course I have my faults, but then don't we all. I have seen enough sadness and gone through enough upheaval in my life to now be grateful for every blessing which comes my way.
I am in my way now just bimbling along and what happens happens. It is impossible to know what the future holds, but one thing I do know, is I am going to make the most of every single day with those who truly care about me and love me for who I am, because I cannot cope with negativity in my life anymore.

Today it has been a decidedly yuck kind of day weather wise. Although the frosts have gone for now, they have been replaced with dull, mild and miserable weather. The whole day has been under a blanket of low cloud, which is enough to give anyone the miseries. On the upside the garden is alive with plant growth.
Bulbs are coming up all over the garden. We are looking to see what flowers we have, because this will be the first Spring for us on this mooring. I have a feeling that some of the bulbs maybe old ones and may not flower, but that means I can replace them this year. Some of the leaves poking through the soil look like Daffodil leaves, which is very exciting.
We inherited a plant in a pot, so once the garden was dug over I took the plant out of the pot and popped the plant in the ground, with a hope it would show us what plant it is. I have the wonderful news to say the mystery plant is a Rhubarb plant and it has its first leaf. I am overjoyed, because I adore Rhubarb, especially if its in a crumble. This of course means we may have two Rhubarb plants, because I moved one from our old garden. Happy days, twice as many Rhubarb crumbles.
The heather's are looking fabulous across the garden, giving off a bit of Winter colour.
Some of the shrubs we moved, are already beginning to sprout leaves, which means they have survived the move. I think we were so lucky, that when we moved gardens the weather was wet, so all of what we moved was watered in well. Now we can sit back and enjoy the garden and colour, once things flower.
I moved our bird feeder and hung it above the water. The reason for this is any food dropped by the birds, will fall in the water and not on the ground where rats can feast on it, because we do have a rat population here in the Arm, just like anywhere else. Rats are a fact of life and can be seen anywhere, I just choose not to feed them. So far the Robin and the Blue Tits have found the new position for the feeder and do not seem to mind. I am still feeding the Bank Voles though, because they eat everything I put out for them within an hour.
Jobs for the day, were to give the boat a clean inside first thing. I managed to find a crock clip, which the other half had lost in the engine room and despite looking forward it, we thought the borrowers must have taken it. I found it whilst hoovering in the engine room, which was a good thing, because other wise we were going to have to buy another, because it is part of hubby's special meter, which he uses for reading electrical connections. 
I had taken out a large packet of diced Beef from the freezer over night and today I turned it into a Madras Curry, with leek and mushrooms and a Beef Stew with leek, carrots, mushrooms, sweet potatoes. Both will be enjoyed over the coming days. I am going to box the stew up and put it back in the freezer until required. The boat has smelt really yummy all day. Whilst I did all that, hubby went food shopping to Aldi using his bus pass.
After he had returned home, I had stowed everything away and we had eaten lunch, he got on with putting LED lights in his O gauge display cabinet. The lights are run off the USB, so idea and quite effective. it will look great with the main boat lights off in the evenings. 
Because of the doom and gloom with the weather today, I reckon we will be heading towards night time much earlier. Hey ho we are nice and snug inside the boat with the TV on. 

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails