*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 13 January 2020

Winter... What Winter?

Hello family, friends and followers.

The title of this rambling kind of say's it all for us in the UK. Winter, what Winter. We are into January and it is so incredibly mild for the time of year.
Already the bulbs are coming up and their are buds on the bushes in our garden.
Even our Heather's are in flower.
Even the Heather's we moved in October are in flower. The only problem is, if we get a cold snap the flowers and bulbs will be in for shock. The only weather on the horizon for us is a storm named Brendan, which is supposed to hit us overnight and into tomorrow. There maybe some rocking and rolling going on tonight, so I will make sure everything is tied down.
This morning we were awake with the Larks, because we were getting a new set of Five batteries. Our old batteries are over six years old and are pretty much dead. We ordered the batteries just before Christmas from Warwick Batteries, which is just across the road from us. Up and dressed, we stripped the flooring out of the back cabin and took up the flooring. We turned off all the electrics to the boat and undid all the batteries. Keith then passed them to me out through the back cabin doors and I lifted them onto the pontoon and lined them up for removal.
Having stripped out all of the old batteries, we then put them in the wheelbarrow two at a time and wheeled them to the steps where we carried them to where they were being picked up. Keith then phoned the battery company, they delivered our new batteries and took away our old ones.
By the time we had reconnected the batteries back up and turned everything back on we have whiled away 2 hours. Jobs a goodun though and we should be alright for at least another six years all being well.
Living on a boat, means these jobs have to be done and it pays for you to be able to do it yourself, otherwise you also have to pay for someone to do it for you. yes we paid for the batteries, but the time was our own.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails