*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 7 January 2020

It is blanket time.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Week two of 2020 and oh boy it is mild out. Yesterday I decided to kick start my walking and took myself off for a walk around the Warwick Racecourse. It is just over a mile to walk and takes about 30 minutes at a brisk pace. Yesterday there was a brisk wind blowing and not that many people out and about, although I did meet a couple of dog walkers, which was nice. I do miss walking our old boy. Anyway more walking is required over the Winter months on our mooring, if I am to keep fit for the new boating season. By the time I got back home, I felt revitalized and almost ready for anything. As it turned out it was a quiet day, with me doing very little. I did get some cupboard clearing out done though and threw out my old slippers, when my new ones arrived from Shoe Zone. I ordered them on Sunday and they arrived Monday lunchtime, that was brilliant service and Hermes managed to find me for a change. Today began dry with sunshine, but already it is raining and therefore I decided there would be no walk this morning. Instead I decided to get a laundry wash done and make a curry for lunch. I am always able to fill my time with something. I am not a person who likes to sit about and do nothing, even when I am not feeling 100% like at the moment. With the laundry wash done and hung up in the engine room, I got on and made us a minced beef curry for lunch, which has been cooking on top of the saloon stove, filling the boat with a sublime smell. I do love curry, although I limit myself to how many I can eat due to my Nickel allergy.
As many of you who follow my ramblings know, I crochet blankets for The Border Collie Trust GB. Last year due to lots of kind donations of wool, I managed to crochet Eighteen blankets for the lovely Collies. I am hoping to do just as well or even better this year, but I need to get a wriggle on. I am on blanket one for 2020 at the moment, having taken a break over the festive period. Border Collies are delightful dogs and make amazing pets, but remember a dog is for life.
Rain was still stopping play after our curry lunch. We also finished off the remainder of the Christmas Mince Pies with some Ice Cream. We hate throwing anything away, so the Mince Pies had to be finished. I warmed them up by standing them on top of the saloon stove, because I like my Mince Pies warmed through. That is it the festive food has now all gone and any sign of it. Back to normal eating and hopefully losing some extra weight I have gained over Christmas. With the rain putting pay to walking, there was nothing else for it, but to play games online with friends and do more crochet. I really know how to rock and roll :-).

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails